Categories Menu

Posted by on Mar 27, 2015 in Need to Know | 0 comments

Engineering & Housing

Engineering & Housing


Do you have biomedical engineering? Can you get your own dorm room?

Hi Bethany,

My name is Marilyn. I’ll be assisting Maria with answering some of the questions on the blog.

Currently SPC doesn’t offer a biomedical engineering program but we will have an Associate of Science degree in Biomedical Engineering Technology available starting Fall 2015. This will be a new track in our engineering technology program. If you have further questions, please contact Giovanna Taylor at 727-791-2402 or

At this time the college is offering an Associate of Science degree in Engineering Technology. It concentrates on the following areas of studies: electronics, quality, digital design and modeling, and biomedical systems. Additionally, students can come to SPC to pursue an Associate in Arts degree. This will allow you to work on the general education requirements and elective requirements for your major and then transfer on toward a bachelor’s degree.

As for campus housing, currently SPC doesn’t offer dorm rooms. However there’s other options that may be helpful to locate an apartment community close to your home campus. Each campus has a Student Life and Leadership coordinator who can help you with housing and other student life related issues. Also, Maria posted additional information about this question in a previous blog post that you can review.

Best of Luck,




Post a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *