Categories Menu

Posted by on Mar 26, 2014 in Need to Know | 1 comment

Financial Aid for Summer

Financial Aid for Summer

Can I apply for grants to attend school in the summer?

Dear Andrea,

Grants are a type of student financial aid that does not have to be paid back. They are awarded based on financial aid and you must file a FAFSA to be considered for them. SPC offers many type of grants. I recommend you file the FAFSA as soon as you can and sent the information to SPC, this is easy you just add SPC in the application when they ask for your school of choice (SPC’s school code is 001528).

SPC also offers many scholarships, there are foundation scholarships for the summer term too just make sure you watch out for the due dates. Usually if you need spring or summer scholarships and grants make sure you start looking for them and applying at least 3-4 months in advance, and sometimes even earlier. For example, many of the fall semester scholarship deadlines are early in the spring semester (Feb-March), some vary as it depends on the scholarship. I recommend you make an appointment with the financial aid office to verify what other financial aid, whether grants or scholarships, you are eligible for to attend school in the summer.

Follow Maria at #AskMaria


1 Comment

  1. For those who are Pell eligible: students who did not take 12 credit hours in both the spring and fall semesters may have financial aid left over. Speaking to a financial aid adviser is recommended.

Post a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *